WHY RECYCLE

Facing the world's biggest challenge

Every day, more and more people experience water stress. Humanity is facing a water crisis like never before, due to unequal distribution, climate change, and a sharp rise in global freshwater demand. And in a few years’ time, there simply won’t be enough water available for all of us. 

 

Seen from space, our planet is blue: 70% of its surface is water. But 97% of all that water is saline ­– and most of the remaining 3% is difficult to access. Only 0.014% of the total amount of water on earth is fresh and available. That’s all we have. People, animals, and nature all depend on this water for survival. 

 

The only way our planet can renew freshwater is through rainfall on land. But the amount of rainfall is far less than the amount of water people withdraw from earth. After decades of intensive urbanization, deforestation, water diversion and industrial farming, our planet is drying out and groundwater levels are dropping. 

 

FACTS & FIGURES

 “Redefining our relationship with water”

Over the past 40 years, the world’s population has doubled and use of water has quadrupled.

Source

Today, about 4 billion people, representing nearly two-thirds of the world population, experience severe water scarcity during at least one month of the year.

Source

 

Up to 40% of the world's population will be living in seriously water-stresses areas by 2035.

Source

 

If we continue doing what we are doing today, by 2040, there will not be enough water to quench the thirst of the world population and keep the current energy and power solutions going.
Source

 

By 2050, the world population will have grown to 9.7 billion people. Water demand is projected to grow by 55 percent, including a 400-percent rise in manufacturing water demand.

Source

Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 10.26.41.png
 
2021 Grapg Power of decentralized recycling.png

THINK GLOBAL, ACT LOCAL

Every house and building can recycle its own water

All around the world, water is considered to be a cheap resource and people think wastewater is disposable.

 

This has to change right now. We must prevent our most valuable resource from being lost and start to implement circular water management solutions today.

 

Decentral water recycling is easy, efficient, and affordable. Every new building needs to be equipped with a decentralized water recycling system. By recycling at the source, we can solve the worldwide water crisis.

 

UNITED NATIONS 
Global Goals

Hydraloop’s goals: Empowering humanity for a resilient water future

Hydraloop is proud to contribute towards four of the United Nations Global Goals. 

 

The Global Goals are a blueprint for the world to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face today, including poverty, inequality, wars, and climate change. All 17 Goals are interconnected, and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve them all by 2030.

We no longer have a choice.
We must manage water more wisely

UNSDG 04-2021.png
H300_Stone_Gardensetting.png

Our vision: Building Recycle Ready. In 10 years’ time 
every new building will have its own greywater recycling system